Join the Society
The society promotes and supports the work of creative thinkers, designers and makers who continue to innovate in the crafts through their exploration of materials and skills.
We are a friendly community of like-minded people, who value quality craftsmanship, the importance of learning skills, educating others about craft and working to make craft accessible.
Join us as an established designer maker, a student or become a Friend of the Society who will support our charitable activities and allow us to continue to seek out and champion new craftspeople.
Student members must be full-time students with a valid student card. You must be able to provide a letter of confirmation of this from your course tutor to the Membership Secretary within 30 days of applying to join.
Students can apply to become Licentiate Members on the successful completion of their course.
- Invitations to some SDC Zoom events – Studio Safaris, Maker & Project Spotlights, ‘In Conversation’ sessions
- Access to the Society member dashboard – Society News, Sharecraft Event Recordings, Maker Videos
- Receive a quarterly newsletter
- Invitations to Private Views
- Invitation to the annual Member Event
- By joining you are supporting the Society’s charitable activities
Annual price: £10
Criteria for Acceptance
In order to qualify for Student membership, you must be able to provide proof of your current student status, by uploading an image of your student ID when completing your application form.