Samantha English LSDC
Samantha is a self taught jeweller and metal artist. Her predominate skills are etching, creating techniques to manipulate metals and developing surface treatments using techniques such as plating, patina and colouration.
Returning to education in 2017 Samantha gained an MA with distinction at UCA Farnham for her work 'The Fragility of Memory ~ A Collection of Memory Vessels'. Launching her first jewellery collection in 2018 'Precious Imperfections', Samantha once again explored the notion of preciousness, this time exploring the nature of old, damaged yet cherished jewellery and the stories it tells.
- TAIO - New Beginnings (Vessels) Virtual exhibition, January 2021
- TAOI –The Art of Isolation (Vessel) Espacio Gallery, October 2020
- Knockout Lockdown (Vessel) The Oxmarket Gallery, August 2020
- Spring Craft Exhibition (Jewellery) The New Ashgate Gallery, 2020
- Montague Gallery (Jewellery) Worthing, March – December 2019
- Connected – The Makers’ Art - The Makers’ Art Collective The Oxo Gallery, Oxo Tower Wharf, September 2019
- Graduation exhibition - James Hockey Gallery, UCA Farnham, September 2019
- ReMastered – (Jewellery) Crafts Study Centre. - Set of five Scraffito tool rings, June – September 2018
- 7Dials Art
- TAOI Collective
- The Makers Art Collective
- The Association for Contemporary Jewellery
- The Art Workers’ Guild mentoring program
- 2017-2019 The University for the Creative Arts
- Master of Arts Jewellery
- 1992-1995 The University of Brighton
- BA (Hons) Visual and Performing Arts
Samantha’s life outside of her making consists of recent professional roles as, Charity CO, Fundraiser, Media Coordinator, Development Manager and she is currently a Trustee at Making Space in based in Havant, Hampshire.