Rosemary Levy MSDC
Rosemary loves designing and weaving silk scarves but also has spun Jacob and Shetland wool for scarves and shawls from local flocks belonging to friends.
The wall hangings have evolved over the years and run as themes, her latest ones inspired by the interior of Sherborne Abbey since her move to Dorset in 2006.
Rosemary studied at Winchester School of Art and Hornsey College of Art and has been a part time lecturer at Horsham School of Art and Reigate School of Art until 2005.
- 1993-1995 Committee member of the Arts Council, Borough of Reigate and Banstead
- 2001-2005 Committee member of the Surrey Guild of Craftsmen
- 2002 Vice Chairman then Acting Chairman 2004-2005 of the Surrey Guild of Craftsmen
- Rosemary has exhibited throughout Britain with the Society of Designer Craftsmen (1977-2002)
- Surrey Guild of Craftsmen (1976-2006 )
- The London Guild of Weavers spinners and Dyers (1977-1991)
- The Dorset Guild of Weavers Spinners and Dyers 2007 and numerous other exhibitions between 1968-2018, including a touring exhibition "Aspects of the Land" on the landscape of North Wales with 3 sculptors and a painter (1996-1998)
- 1998 The South East Festival of Craftsmanship at Petworth House, Sussex
- 2000-2002 Surrey Artist Open Studios
- 2008 Salisbury Art Centre
- 2008 and 2010 Dorset Art Weeks
Commissions and Work in Public Places
- 1978 Richard Noyce , Solicitors, Southampton
- 1987 St. Johns Church, Redhill, Surrey
- 1993 and1996 Guildford Borough Craft Collection
- Private Collections in America, Australia, Britain, Canada, Europe and Japan.
Work Featured in Following Publications
- 1984 The Art Book ( Art for Offices )
- 1991 and 1996 The Journal for Weavers Spinners and Dyers
- 1996 Craft Galleries – 3rd edition