Sean Evelegh LSDC
Furniture & Boxes
Sean’s first introduction to woodwork came in a design technology (DT) class, when he started at secondary school, aged eleven. Inspired by his teacher, woodwork quickly became his passion and he won a DT scholarship when he was thirteen and several prizes for his craftsmanship during his time at school.
At the age of 16, he requisitioned his parent’s garage to create his own workshop, saving up for his first tools, which were a jigsaw and chop saw. Shortly afterwards, he set up YouTube and Instagram channels to display his work and craftsmanship. To date, Sean’s YouTube channel, Sean Evelegh, has gained 30k subscribers and over 2m views. Sean now runs a fully equipped workshop and separate timber store allowing him to create bespoke, sophisticated pieces.
Sean has completed a degree in furniture design and making at Rycotewood Furniture Centre, leaving in 2020 with a distinction and has partnered with James Latham to become their ‘Timber Ambassador’.
- 2021 Became Furniture Ambassador for James Latham
- 2020 Contestant on 'The Chop - Britain's Top Woodwork' (History Channel)
- 2018-2020 Distinction in Furniture Design and Making at Rycotewood Furniture Centre
- 2017 Winner of 'The Passion And Perseverance Award' (Big Bang Competition, Birmingham NEC)
- 2017 Young Furniture Makers Awards London
- 2016 Young Furniture Makers Awards London
- 2016 Launched YouTube and Instagram channels