Molly Williams MSDC
Stitched & Constructed Textiles
Molly is a professional textile artist and designer craftsman specialising in figurative felt sculpture and mixed media textile art and design.
Molly was fortunate to spend her childhood in Africa and Turkey when her passion for Turkish and Ottoman design began. Her pattern design work is largely informed by Turkish textiles and ceramics, that echo their culture and environment; patterns full of memory and metaphor that link us to a mutual past. Her designs are digitally printed on fabric to create Ottoman style kaftans, jackets and decorative wall hangings and surface pattern design.
Figures sculpture, informed by the movement and emotion of Contemporary and Modern dance, have been a feature of her work for several years.
Molly runs her business from a garden studio at her home in Sussex.
Ba(Hons) Embroidered Textiles Middlesex 2008
QTS Design and Technology (Textiles) 2009
Exhibitions and memberships
- Prism textile Art - Annual exhibition at The Mall Galleries and Hoxton Arches Gallery 2007 - 2020
- Society of Designer Craftsmen - Annual exhibition at the Mall Gallery, London 2009 , 2013, 2015 and ‘Everyday Encounters’ The William Morris Gallery 2015
- Pure Arts Group Sussex 2015
- Crowborough Arts - Annual Open studios 2016 - 2019
Galleries and Commisions
- Private commissions including five life size felt figures.
- T Wells Gallery, Tonbridge Wells, Kent
- Felters Fling, Vermont USA 2019
- In studio workshops
- Online workshops - Contemporary dancer and Contemplative Figures